Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

College Poem

January 26, 2009

I was cleaning some of the trash notes that I have in my pile of things just the other day when I came across on one of the poems that I wrote when I was till in college. The funny thing is that I remember writing it on a bus on my way home after doing some project in Marketing (I guess), and I actually wrote down the date on the paper after signing it. So no doubt about it that it is my work. It goes like this:
It's one of those days again
When I am overwhelmed by burden,
Of assignments and quizzes to come
I am sure to cram.

Running to and fro,
like an athlete on the go.
My feet are killing me,
How long still before I'm free?

I'm now like an owl in the night,
Whose sleep has gone out of sight.
Even if I get to close my eyes,
I dream of the Professor which I despise.

It won't be long until I'm finished,
Until I'm complete and fully polished.
People may not see all my effort,
But God is not unjust, He sees my worth.

When I'm in the brink of giving up,
I remember the people that lifted me up.
The sacrifice they have given to get me here,
Someday I'll repay all those i dear.

Dated: March 27, 2003

I think I got too lazy to come up with a title for this poem when I made it.

Just wanted to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment