Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lost and Found

July 14, 2009

I was surfing the TV one time to look for a show that is worth watching. And since i rarely am able to complete a whole series that is shown on TV i just watch them as they are. When i was surfing for a good show i came across this TV series "LOST". In this episode the Korean woman lost her wedding ring and since she does not know where her husband is at the moment that was the only thing that she was holding on to for hope. She got worried and started to search the side of the island where they where staying to look for it. She even decided to got to the exact places where she has been to for the past hours hoping that somehow she dropped her ring somewhere there. Well the scene is very familiar to me, not that i lost a wedding ring before but rather losing something very important and it drives you crazy just looking for it.

You start to get exhausted, pissed-off, hot tempered, and you start to think that people around you have no consideration of what so ever with your loss. Hey, tough luck! But during these times i am reminded of the lesson "You won't know the value of something until you have lost it".

The funny thing about anything lost is that you usually find them in the weirdest places and during the time that you have given up looking for it. That's where i learned that if you want to find something missing is to stop looking for it, because you mind gives you wild ideas of where to find it but most of it is usually wrong. Let you eyes do the looking and not you mind.
-----------------------------
July 21, 2013

I was going through my old blog posts and this one reminded me of something. Isn't this issue of being lost and found the same with us? We all feel "lost" once in a while. We don't know where our life is directed to. We don't know what will happen tomorrow. We don't know what is there after we die.

It was during these times that I saw how God works in my life. Just like the lost stuff, He found me in the oddest of places. He did not stop looking for me until He found me. And during the times that I feel or think that I don't know what will happen next or what is in store for my future, He rescues me and shows me His plans.

Do you feel lost now? Do you feel that you don't know what is in store for your future? Do you fear the unknown of "what happens after death"? There is an answer to all of these: Jesus. No, I am not trying to be over spiritual with the things of life. I am just being practical. Do you know of any other way? A way that can clearly show you what is in store beyond the unknown, a person that is really concerned about your welfare and future. If you can find one - Go. I haven't seen one who can show me these, and I have no more plans of looking for another one because there is none.

No comments:

Post a Comment