Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Venting-out: Good bye old friend

March 10, 2006

This is Kuya Boyet. To some he is known as Mr. Ramil, Yetboo, boyetski, manong pulis, boss chip!, and many more. If it is still not obvious, he really smiles alot. And many times he doesn't do that on purpose........ I've known Kuya Boyet since (i hope my memory serves my right) i was 12. Every since, he has always been like a big brother to me.

We first met at our church in a sinlges activity. It was my first time to attend such activity and I was the youngest in the group at that time. So even though i was already a teen at that time i was still treated like a sunday school kid (although i loved that kind of attention). During those times it was Kuya Boyet (together with Kuya Albert, Kuya Gello, and Kuya Armand) that asks my mom to allow me to come with them every sunday afternoon. This man taught me to serve the Lord without questions, without complaints, without regrets.

I really liked the way he tries to explain himself everytime he has an idea or scriptural verse to share. It seems that every time he tries to explain the words come out of his mind in jumbled order, and thus he has to take another time to put the words together to make it sensible for others to understand. Funny? Yes. But once he says it all, it's impossible not to be blessed. He is more like my big brother in Christ, so no matter how much he makes a fool of himself i never lost my respect for him. To me he is like a legend.

I am a man who grew up without a father, nor an older brother that will guide me in the way that I should go. But i am thankful to God that He gave me a family in Harvest. I lost one father, and God gave me 6 more. I had no brother, and God gave me 15 brothers. And Kuya Boyet was one of them. I learned so much from him........

Just a few months ago we revived the Singles Ministry at church under the leadership of Kuya Boyet, and to my surprise he took me as his Timothy. I was both honored and flattered.

Kuya Boyet was more like a common man that you meet every day. The face is familiar, the gestures are signatured, the speach is common, but if you take the time to think you will realize that you know very little about him. The more you try to know him, the more mysterious he becomes. I have known things about him that i would not write anymore, for some reasons, but one thing is for sure; when you are in need of help you can always rely on your friendly neighborhood Kuya Boyet.

He passed-on last Nov.30'06. We just found that out the day before he is to be burried. But i have to say, God was so good. He made sure that we (his family in Christ) knew where he is going before it was all too late to even know. He gave Kuya Boyet the ultimate reward that every christian is looking forward to. Now, my longing for being with my maker is stronger, since those that i hold dearest to my heart is there with Him. But then again, i cannot cut my race short just to finish it as i can. I still have to run the path set out for me to complete.


Until then that I have completed my tasks here on earth and achieve perfection for the glory of my God Jesus. Until all is said and done. Until the day the we meet again in the presence of out God's glory........................Good bye old friend.

I am happy for you for I know where you are, but sad for myself since i will miss you so much.
I will always remember
the month of November.
When my old friend parted,
from this land we charted.

He is now everlasting,
with no tears and hurting.
Forever in God's embrace,
Forever singing His praise.


- jerub-baal -

No comments:

Post a Comment