Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Trustworthy

April 9, 2011


This morning I was reading my devotion (Zephaniah 2) and I barely understood anything from the scriptural passage, because it talked about doom and other disaster stuff that would fall on other nations for bullying Israel and Judah. But then something caught my eye. At the bottom of the page was a very long foot note for the Amplified Version of verse 6. I was wondering why is the foot note for just one verse this long? And as I studied the foot note and the verse, I saw that this particular passage was one of the prophesies that was given to us regarding Jesus and his visit in Israel. The foot note said that there are about twenty three prophesies made with regards to this event ALONE. There are also other prophesies amounting to twenty or more with regards to the birth, location, life style, suffering, and death in the whole of the old testament. The foot note said that there is only one out of three million chances that all twenty three prophesies will come to pass if it was by chance. This exemplifies the omniscience of the one that wrote the bible. Take note: this is a foot note, not a commentary! No one would dare write an opinion as a foot note, this statement is a fact. This short but very meaningful passage blew me away. Are God's promises trustworthy? YES! Are his words final? YES!
 
This served as an encouragement and warning to me. Encouragement: that his promises for those He love and loves Him as well will come in proper time. Warning: for the penalties of sin done.

No comments:

Post a Comment