Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Future

April 27,2011


A month ago I was dead broke. A week after that my online sidelines were failing - sinking. A few days after that my fiancĂ© lost her grandfather. A few weeks ago I gave a ring to the one I love. Just yesterday I got promoted.  Today i am in a business trip in Cebu with all expenses paid and staying in a 5-star hotel. In six months time I will be married to the woman I've been praying for.
The bible speaks that God has prepared great things for those who seek after His kingdom (Matt 6:33). I am blessed and thankful that He has heard my prayers and has lifted my head up from the pit. Sometimes (if not always), God allows us to go through the valley, over rocky roads, in the dessert, through the fire, in raging waters, in the darkest night (yup i got that from an old worship song)…but he never leaves us there alone - better yet, he never leaves us there (Deut 31:8). These places are the most painful places for us to be, but these are the most beautiful places for us to go. Because it is in this places that we are kept in check. Our hearts are tested and refined over and over again. Just as a gold loses its luster and shine overtime, so do we Christians. And since we are too precious in God's eyes a moments loss of shine worries him, just as a jeweler worries over the loss of shine of one of his gems. For this reason, God shines us again and again, gives us a little buff, runs us through the refinery again. If we caught some dust in us or a blemish is seen inside us He works on it immediately. He works on our lives every day until he fulfills his promise "the good work that I began in you I will bring it to completion" (Phil 1:6). 

May we grow to be more and more Christ-like everyday. Keeping in mind that God is more concerned with our character than our comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment