Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Faithful one

December 26, 2007
I am just so amazed on how God is faithful to His servants (even though His servants are often times unfaithful).

If by chance you are like me, you might get what i'll be saying in this blog entry.

Many times i get in a situation that can compromise my witness and my stand for the truth. But many times God rescues me through them to preserve me and to answer my prayers.

Just a few weeks ago we had our Engineering dept. Christmas party in a private pool. My boss and his coleague were talking of getting a customer to sponsor the party with plenty of booze, clowns (the kinds that roam in the night), and food. It troubled me so much to find out that there will be these things in the party. I wanted to have that bonding moment with my coworkers (as i still have lots to learn from them), but i want to stay away from those things that they are talking about (except for the food part).

The day came and everything was "set" and i was thinking to myself 
Me: i have to come up with a good excuse. come on aria think!
Evil Me: Oh come on! it's just for one night. and no one from the church will know.
Me: But it will ruin my witness...
Evil Me: it's OK, they don't deserve to be saved anyway
Me: i love my God and i don't want to hurt him
Evil Me: so what are you gonna do now? Stand up for your faith and forever be alone? You hate being alone.... YOU FEAR BEING ALONE.

and the battle went on and on...

Then for whatever reason, the customers that was suppose to come to the party where not available that night and begged off to come. Which meant that there will be no Clowns in the party! WHHHEEEWWW!
The only problem now is the booze... i was amazed to find out that my coworkers in that department are not heavy drinkers (most of them do not drink either). I was so blessed to know this. Some of our workers in the plant (who loves to drink their guts out) came to the party, and they where the ones who finished off the barrel of booze.

I was thanking God that night for saving me during my weakest time. It's not always that I am UP and HIGH in my faith, many times I am down in my face and barely crawling my way out of the mud. But my God is faithful and Just to keep my head up in times where the only thing that i can do is bow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment